'Studio Developments' - notes
Photograph by Poppy Gentelman
Photographs by Keith Jobey
Taken at the Winter Footprints event organised by Silver Vine Arts
- mic s were set up between separate rooms recording the live music, drawing workshops i led and various conversations that naturally happen in the space. i set the Zoom recorder to record as a 4 track so i can later direct the sound between speakers. Already the recordings jump from ear to ear which is so so so exciting ! Im now to develop this to later play back in the space mirroring the echoes perhaps one hears on their feet at the time of listen to the recordings that bounce across the room .
- moments were documented on to film also, capturing the rooms, the mingling of people and the changing light and shadows.
- mood and atmosphere was very different from music promoters Myoptik s event on the saturday and Magic Teapot 's on the sunday - footage was very very very different - which is very very exciting to explore further.
- drawings created in my studio as part of the workshop were tasks that related to the space - a response to sound, a design of a maze and a drawing on the wall that combined the two. A young boy mentioned he could see his drawing on the ceiling, which I'm really exciting about taking further in to the space . With the other drawings I'm going to look at transferring them on to rolls of tracing paper and develop these as walls to walk in between. (Amunst all the other edited down projections of previous events and happenings)
- looking for a white wall space to show this work out of situe and mirror the what has happened here in a very different space!
-March is 18th is my deadline for a private private view to now show all thats been collected
Leave a Reply.
Leila Houston (London, 1977) is a visual artist whose work investigates the social, political and historical aspects of a place.